*A Book Review*
No BS Sales Success In The New Economy
By Dan Kennedy
by Michael C. Gray
March 1, 2010
According to marketing guru Dan Kennedy, the "old economy" is shattered and gone forever and it's never coming back as it was.
Now sales people and business owners must tune in to the realities of the New Economy and the psychology of its consumers and clients.
According to Dan, our economy was suffering from me-tooism, too many box stores with the same or very similar offerings. Did we really need to open a Starbucks in the restroom of a Starbucks?
Did General Motors really need separate dealerships for Buick, Pontiac and Oldsmobile when they were virtually the same? How about Chevrolet and GMC trucks, again virtually the same?
Now with the crash of the real estate market, pull back of the stock market and tight credit, consumers have less to spend and will be more discriminating in their spending.
The good news is, many of the salespeople and companies that started operating in "easy money" times are disappearing because they don't know how to work in a more competitive environment. That should actually make it easier to sell for the survivors who are ready and willing to work.
No BS Sales Success In The New Economy is not about sales techniques. It's more about overarching principles and positioning.
Some important lessons include:
- The positive power of negative preparation. You know you will probably get certain objections from your customers or clients. Why not prepare to answer them in advance?
- Listening. If salespeople will shut up, their customers will tell them what they want. Isn't that easier than forcing a predetermined solution down their throats?
- Personal packaging. How you dress and the appearance of your workplace can have a dramatic impact on your results.
- Proof. Customers will favor salespeople and companies who can prove the realities of the benefits they offer.
- Positioning, not prospecting. It's always better, if possible, to have customers come to you or ask you to come. Be a welcome guest, not an unwelcome pest.
Dan's books are also worth studying as sales literature. They are full of references to his other books and include a "Most Incredible Free Gift Ever" offer.
I've paid thousands of dollars to hear Dan teach this material. You would crazy not to invest a few dollars to have it in your library and put it to work.
Buy it on Amazon: No B.S. Sales Success in The New Economy (NO BS).
For our new reviews of business and self-improvement books, subscribe to our newsletter, Michael Gray, CPA's Tax & Business Insight!
Home Introduction Seven Habits Business Improvement Book Reviews Need Help? Links